Chanchona Los Hermanos Lovo
A Northern Virginia spin-off of an award-winning group in their home country of El Salvador, Los Hermanos Lovo perform danceable cumbias and rancheras at family events and restaurants in the area. The seven-piece ensemble—with its two violins, two guitars, percussion, and bass—takes its name from its large bass, which resembles a chanchona, or sow.
- Trinidad Lovo, leader, violin
- Yonatan Fuentes Lovo, drums
- José Alfredo Fuentes Ventura, congas
- Édgar Lovo, vihuela
- Cristino Membreño Lovo, violin
- Eliseo Membreño Lovo, guitar
- Osmín Lovo, string bass
Click to enlarge and view captions:
Los Hermanos Lovo: a Salvadoran Chanchona group from Leesburg, Virginia.