Grupo Cuero, Madera y Costa CUMACO
Grupo Cuero, Madera y Costa CUMACO performs traditional Afro-Venezuelan music, focusing on the coastal region of Aragua. Its name (CUero, MAdera y COsta) is an acronym that refers to cumaco, the long, heavy log drum traditional to the region. The group has been featured on numerous television, radio, and film programs, and has toured internationally.
- José Uribe, director, percussion
- Luís Aponte, vocals, percussion
- Carmen Camacho, vocals, dance
- Carlos Celis, percussion
- Roger Hernández, percussion
- Francisco Lujano, cuatro, vocals
- Juan Pantoja, vocals
- Isidro Salazar, percussion
- Atalia Uribe de Román, vocals, dance
- Elsie Yosmeli Rivas, vocals, dance
Click image to enlarge and view caption.